I got this from an email. I get lots of stuff in email, but this one might be beneficial to those just starting to look at prepping.
If you aren’t prepared before a crisis strikes, you know you’re asking for trouble.
There aren’t going to be many options to get the critical supplies you need once the stuff hits the fan. As you know, the power would likely be out, you’d have no electronic communications, and people will be running around like chickens with their heads cut off.
We have taken the time to list six items that you should get immediately, if for some reason you don’t have them already in a crisis. These items will be in high demand, so they should also be considered the first things to disappear…
1. Generators – You know that these will be demand since people will want to power their refrigerators, radios, etc.
2. Water Filters or Purifiers – People know that they’ll need to drink to survive.
3. Weapons, like guns and ammo – For obvious defensive reasons and hunting.
4. Charcoal and Lighter Fluid – For cooking and starting fires.
5. Clean Containers for Water – Sure you think about purifying water, but where are you going to put it? The storage for it will also be in high demand.
6. Rice or Beans – A great food source that can last for long periods of time and be stored easily.
It’s safe to assume that you have most of the items above already, but in case you don’t, make sure that you obtain them as quickly as possible if things go south. As always, hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.